What are the benefits of the CVQ?
- The CVQ together with traditional academic qualifications create alternative pathways to acquiring further education
- It complements the academic track
- It is a recognised and portable qualification in CARICOM and the world
- It ensures that you can perform in the workplace
- It takes account of previous work experience and skills
What is the CVQ?
The Caribbean Vocational Qualification (CVQ) is an award that represents achievement of a set of competencies which define core work practices of an Occupational area, consistent with the levels articulated within the regional qualifications framework. To earn an award, candidates must demonstrate competence in reaching CARICOM-approved occupational standards developed by practitioners and employers (i.e. the industry experts). These standards are organized in units. Candidates may earn unit awards towards achieving a complete CVQ.
What type of membership does CANTA offer?
Full membership - Established national NTA and apex organizations with CARICOM
Provisional membership - CARICOM member states intending to establish NTA or apex agency
Associate membership - Institutions recommended by the national NTA
Honorary membership - Individuals, Institutions, organizations making distinguished contributions to TVET